Sitting here looking out my window dreaming of a distant land (most likely land surrounded by deep blue seas and sand however, beggars can’t be choosy – as my mom would always say), whilst pondering my next journey. If only I could close my eyes and POOF find myself traipsing hither and fro, but where would I go?
Well I was looking around on TripAdvisor after receiving the email from them stating my last review was a hit (don’t they always say that or should I feel special?) and voila I come across…..
- Travelers’ Choice #1 Destination: Marrakech
- The new Travelers’ Choice #1 Destination in the world, Marrakech is a magical place, brimming with markets, gardens, palaces, and mosques.
- Travelers’ Choice #2 Destination: Siem Reap
- The complex and the 12th century Angkor Thom royal city are considered the main reasons to visit Siem Reap, the #2 Travelers’ Choice Destination in the world for 2015. Get a lesson in national history at the Cambodian Cultural Village, and a lesson in bargaining at the Angkor Night Market, a bonanza of shopping stalls, food vendors, and bars.
- Travelers’ Choice #3 Destination: Istanbul
- Europe and Asia meet in Istanbul, this year’s #3 Travelers’ Choice Destination in the World, where breathtaking ancient architecture coexists with modern restaurants and nightlife. The city’s mosques, bazaars, and hammams (Turkish baths) could keep you happily occupied for your entire trip.
- Travelers’ Choice #4 Destination: Hanoi
- Hanoi is #4 in the world in this year’s Travelers’ Choice Destinations Awards. The charming Vietnamese capital has aged well, preserving the Old Quarter, monuments and colonial architecture, while making room for modern developments alongside.
- Travelers’ Choice #5 Destination: Prague
- The bohemian allure and fairytale features of Prague, #5 in the World in this year’s Travelers’ Choice Destination Awards, make it a perfect destination for beach-weary vacationers who want to immerse themselves in culture.
- Travelers’ Choice #6 Destination: London
- The crown jewels, Buckingham Palace, Camden Market…in London, a perennial Travelers’ Choice Award winner, history collides with art, fashion, food, and good British ale.
- Travelers’ Choice #7 Destination: Rome
- The Travelers’ Choice #7 Destination in the World for 2015, Rome wasn’t built in a day–and you’ll need much more than a day to take in this timeless city. The city is a real-life collage of piazzas, open-air markets, and astonishing historic sites.
- Travelers’ Choice #8 Destination: Buenos Aires
- The birthplace of the tango is, like the dance itself, captivating, seductive and bustling with excited energy.
- Travelers’ Choice #9 Destination: Paris
- Lingering over pain au chocolat in a sidewalk café, relaxing after a day of strolling along the Seine and marveling at icons like the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe… the perfect Paris experience combines leisure and liveliness with enough time to savor both an exquisite meal and exhibits at the Louvre.
- Travelers’ Choice #10 Destination: Cape Town Central
- Cape Town, #9 on the list of Travelers’ Choice Destination World Winners, glistens at the southern tip of the African continent.
View the remaining 15 Travelers’ Choice destinations for 2015 on TripAdvisor.
Have your journeys led you to any of the 2015 Travelers’ Choice destinations in your travels?
~ Travel Well ~